DO YOU KNOW THESE THINGS ABOUT FOURTH OF JULY?
All Americans must be aware of the Fourth of July? This day is celebrated as Independence Day as on 4th of July 1776, 13 colonies asserted their independence from England. Only John Hancock and Charles Thomson signed the declaration on 4th of July, the rest signed it on 2nd July. The United States was later formed as a different state. It has been a year old conflict between England and the colonies. There were 9 people who voted affirmative for the independence, two colonies namely Pennsylvania and South Carolina voted in negation, Delaware remained undecided and New York was restraining itself.
WHAT DO AMERICANS DO ON THIS DAY
It is a nationwide holiday on 4th of July, all government offices and schools remain closed today. Most of the private schools also remain closed. It is a good day to hire professionals for all the household work that has been pending, like deep cleaning. Malls and big food and retail chain stores are open on this day. They usually have theme sales going on with additional discounts on the extended weekends. 4th of July falls in summers so mostly kids from schools and colleges are on their summer break. It is fun to see that many families have a “Barbeque Grill Day” on this day. They set up their grills in their backyard and indulge in food items like char-grilled burgers, grilled salmon fish, pineapples and mostly everything that can be grilled. This makes the area a lot dirty and no one wants to waste their rest of the day cleaning up the mess. Instead, hire cleaning professionals from service zoom will make your work easy.
You will find most people hogging the beaches and absorbing the sun. The beaches are filled with people and they go for water sports like surfing. As the day commences, people go for firework displays which happens after the sunset. In some areas who have the permission light up the firework have their own personal display. A parade is also held in different parts of the United States with patriotic themes and people take part in that too. Usually, no one stays at home on this day and everyone enjoys Independence Day outside with their friends and family. When people leave, they end up making the beaches and shores dirty with leftovers and a lot of food wrapping paper along with beer bottles and cans. The in charges can hire professionals cleaning services from service zoom and get the beaches cleaned. No one wants to come back on a dirty beach.
SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT 4TH OF July
- Initially, Congress has made Independence Day as an unpaid holiday for central employees which were later changed to paid holiday in 1938.
- The declaration was signed by 56 men and one of them had done his college from the Harvard.
- It is mere coincidence that salmon eating is a tradition on the 4th of July in New England. Salmon was available in abundance when first celebrations began. It was so common that it could be seen on every table even when there was a downfall of Atlantic salmon.
- Massachusetts was the original state who declared the holiday on Independence Day. In the later year of 1970, other states started declaring it a federal holiday. Only four federal holidays were given to the federal employees at that time namely: Independence Day, Thanksgiving, New Years Day, and Christmas.
- The oldest celebration was held in Bristol, Rhode Island. The people of Rhode Island were celebrating 4th of July since 1785 and the celebrations commenced after the end of the revolutionary war. The shortest parade held in the history of America was held in Aptos, California.
- Around 15000 fireworks displays are held all over America and Americans spent an average of $8000-$15000 on fireworks every year. Also, Americans love hotdogs and the sales of hot dogs shoot up to the sky on the 4th of July, following this Americans spend too much on food.Americans love celebrating this day will enthusiasm and a patriotic spirit. One can see the spirit of independence in blue, white and red colored clothes, flag, and much more. People come down on the streets to live the day on which the declaration of independence was signed. A lot of flags and other things are later found on the roads which makes the overall look of the streets very unpleasing. Hiring contractors from service zoom is the best idea as they will get workers to get the streets cleaned later.